Easy to Make Halloween Treats for Pets!
Every pet parent knows that dogs and cats can’t have chocolate—and, really, they shouldn’t eat candy of any kind. But with Halloween right around the corner, we don’t want our animal companions to miss out on the fun! Check out these easy treats for your pets.
Halloween Cat Cookie
Your kitties will love the fishy flavor of these tasty treats.
1/4 cup warm water
5 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
3 Tablespoons soft margarine
1 Tablespoon cod liver oil
1 cup white flour
1/4 cup soy flour
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine water, cheese, margarine and oil.
3. Add flour and form dough.
4. Roll to 1/4 inch thick and cut with small holiday cookie cutters.
5. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden.
Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Pooch Treats
Your dog will love the taste and enjoy the crunch!
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup fresh or canned pumpkin (not seasoned pie filling)
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup water as needed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, pumpkin, peanut butter and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Add water as needed, but the dough should be stiff and dry.
4. Roll to 1/2 inch thick and cut with holiday cookie cutters.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until hard.
Special Note: Remember these recipes are treats and should not replace your pet’s regular meals. Please check with your veterinarian if your pet has special dietary needs or food allergies.